Technovit 3040 Medium Mounting Kit: The kit is 100gr/80ml combi yellow.
*Please note a FEDEX $40.00 hazardous material handling fee has been added to the price.*
Why use Technovit 3040:
- The sample is too large or heavy for testing by a laboratory
- Samples must be tested without being destroyed
- The area to examined is difficult to access
- For measuring of wear
- To measure initial samples and prototypes
Technovit 3040 enables you to:
- Take impressions for indirect surface testing
- Preserve and archive the condition of surfaces
- Create negative moulds with silicone or plaster
- Re-create positive moulds by using the double-mould procedure (To do so, Technovit3040 can be ideally used in combination with Provil Novo silicones)
Depending on the required consistency and general requirements, the material can be mixed at a ratio of 1:1 up to 3:1 (powder/liquid). Once it has been mixed, Technovit 3040 can be poured for approx. 2 minutes, and afterwards it is still kneadable for approx. 30 seconds. Technovit 3040 takes approx. 5 minutes to cure. This allows sufficient time to apply the material in order to make a mould and to make a cast of areas that are difficult to get to on vertical objects and for work that is performed overhead. When taking impressions of vertical or overhead surfaces, it is advisable to pour Technovit 3040 onto a PE or Hostaphan film. As soon as the material has thickened, it is pressed onto the surface from which the impression is to be taken and then fixated.
- Impressions of larger areas should be taken by applying several layers to keep the polymerization temperature low and hence prevent pores from forming within the impression material
- Modeling a handle makes it easier to remove the impression from the original
- Impressions should have a minimum thickness of 5 mm to prevent even marginal distortion when the impression is removed
- Complicated geometric shapes should be pre-treated with a conventional silicone or Teflon spray (please observe the processing instructions of the respective manufacturers).
- Impression accuracy1 μm
- Dimensionally stable
- Can be detached easily
- Can be mixed at different ratios
- Impressions can be analyzed with roughness measurement devices or non-contact measuring methods