Technovit 8100 Low Temp GMA Kit. *Hazardous Material Handling Fee Applies
(*Please note a FEDEX $40.00 hazardous material handling fee has been added to the price.)
Technovit 8100 is a combination of a practically odourless plasticizer and a hydrophillic plastic. Technovit8100 was specifically developed for cold polymerisation (+4 C). While hardening the embedding form must be hermetically sealed because the polymerisation system is oxygen-sensitive.
Overview of the benefits
- Reproducibility and reliability of the embedding due to the constant, documented quality controls of the individual components
- Low polymerisation temperature of 10 C to 0 C due to the special catalyst system and the Teflon forms
- Equal hardening of the block, thus uniform and thinnest possible sections
- Low shrinkage artefacts, thus excellent tissue morphology
- Routine staining, enzyme detection and immunohistochemistry possible
- Haemotological iliac crest biopsies do not need to be decalcified
- Low toxicity due to special combination of plasticizer and catalyst system
Prepare Technovit 8100 in accordance with the step-by-step instructions. Place the fixated and dehydrated specimens in the infiltration solution. A low temperature and agitation of the specimens is beneficial during the entire embedding process.
Prepare the polymerisation mixture according to the instructions and then fill the embedding cavities. Position the infiltrated specimens there in. Hermetically cover the cavities with films. Place on a pre-cooled gel plate or thin layer of ice at 4 C to harden.