In independent testing, Energy Beam Sciences’ Tungsten Filaments have consistently demonstrated usable life of up to 2 times that of OEM and other competitors’ Filaments.
Please Note if Purchasing Rebuild Option:
Order will not be started until customers’ rebuild bases are received in house.
Please mail your Filament Rebuild Base to:
Energy Beam Sciences
29b Kripes Road
East Granby CT, 06035
You will be notified once the filament base has been received. Estimated lead time for refurbished filaments is roughly two to four weeks from time bases received. If you have any questions please call 800-992-9037. Thank you!
Energy Beam Sciences only offers refurbishing services for the Cameca filaments.
Energy Beam Sciences offers AR and Standard loop filaments that provide superior performance under the most demanding applications. Please call our e-Beam product specialist to discuss which filament type best suits your application.
The Energy Beam Sciences exclusive AR tip represents the state of art in filament technology. This special loop was developed for applications which demand the ultimate in mechanical stability and operating life. It is particularly recommended for use in multi-user environments and teaching laboratories. Its etched taper loop configuration and unique tip geometry enhance contrast and brightness, even at low kV. We can provide the AR loop mounted on most filament bases. Whatever your application, you should see enhanced performance with the AR loop, when compared with the standard loop filament supplied by the EM equipment manufacturer.
Energy Beam Sciences Standard Loop Tungsten Filaments are designed to conform to Original Equipment Manufacturers’ specifications across the industry. Our filaments are individually manufactured with careful attention to detail, maintainingtheir precise tip geometry and using superior assembly techniques and stringent quality control for consistency and dependability in even the most demanding applications. At Energy Beam Sciences, we offer cost effective, reliable solutions for these and all of your EM consumable needs. Please call our e-Beam product specialist today to find out more about our quality products!
Filament refurbishing services include:
- Incoming bases are 100% inspected and must meet criteria for refurbishing –failed bases will not be returned to customers.
- Criteria for refurbishing Cameca, Tescan Filaments filaments – if one of the base post measures, from the top, .015″ or less, this base will not be able to be refurbished. This criteria helps to ensure normal filament life on the Cameca, Tescan Filaments rebuilds. Please call our e-Beam product specialist for additional information on our refurbishing services.
- Remove existing tungsten loop.
- Grind welds from post.
- Thoroughly clean and reconditioning all base components.
- Form new Tungsten loop and weld to posts.
- Center filament loop on a profile projector.
- Vacuum annealing.
- Preform final inspection using microscope and profile projector.