The first step in sample preparation is planar grinding or pre-grinding. Depending on the type of sample and its material properties, conventional SiC paper is used in the pre-grinding steps. With the diamond-coated CAMEO Platinium 0-4 discs, Kulzer not only offers a considerable time advantage , but also ensures even, planar removal . The CAMEO DISK Platinium replaces a large number of individual SiC papers with just one disc, so that each material is optimally prepared for the subsequent steps.
The shape of the diamond coating creates a high degree of material abrasion with an evenly structured surface. The further grinding and polishing steps can thus be carried out in the shortest possible time. Due to their unique surface pattern, the CAMEO DISK Platinium is suitable for pre- grinding metallographic and mineralogical samples such as medium-hard to very hard materials. The spectrum ranges from steel and hard metal to ceramic parts and composite materials.
Water is the main lubricant used in this pre-polishing stage. For very sensitive samples, water can be exchanged for a non-corrosive liquid.
- CAMEO DISK Platinium Type 0 corresponds to 80 grit
- CAMEO DISK Platinium Type 1 (blue) corresponds to 120 – 180 grit
- CAMEO DISK Platinium Type 2 (green) corresponds to grit 220 – 320
- CAMEO DISK Platinium Type 3 (yellow) corresponds to 600 grit
- CAMEO DISK Platinium Type 4 (red) corresponds to 1200 grit
200mm, 230mm, 250mm, 300mm
- high service life
- fast planar removal
- suitable for almost all materials
- easy to clean
- MS disk compatible
- replaces a large number of SiC papers
- fewer and faster changeover times
- low storage requirements
There are no reviews yet.