Why Technovit ® 3040?
- the sample is too large or heavy for laboratory testing
- the sample must be examined non-destructively
- the area to be examined is difficult to access
- for carrying out wear measurements
- for measuring initial samples and prototypes
With Technovit ® 3040 you can
- Take impressions for indirect surface testing
- Conserve and archive surface conditions
- Cast silicone molds
- recreate positives using the double-imprint process (Technovit ® 3040 can be excellently combined with Provil Novo silicones here)
Depending on the desired consistency and requirements, the material can be mixed in a ratio of 1:1 to 3:1 (powder/liquid). The mixed Technovit ® 3040 can be poured for approx. 2 minutes and then kneaded for approx. 30 seconds. Curing takes about 5 minutes. This ensures both the pouring of a mold and the impression in hard-to-reach places, verticals, as well as working overhead. For taking impressions on the vertical or overhead, we recommend pouring Technovit ® 3040 onto a PE or Hostaphan film. As soon as the material is no longer runny, it is pressed onto the surface to be molded and fixed.
- Carry out larger impressions in layers in order to achieve a lower polymerisation temperature in order to prevent the formation of pores within the impression material.
- Modeling a handle makes it easier to detach the impression from the original.
- Impressions should be at least 5mm thick to avoid slight distortion upon detachment.
- Complicated geometric shapes should be pre-treated with a commercially available silicone or Teflon spray (please observe the manufacturer’s processing instructions!).
- Impression accuracy 1 µm
- dimensionally stable
- easily detachable
- variable mixing ratio possible
- Impressions can be evaluated with roughness measuring devices or non-contact measuring methods.