Technovit 2000 LC, 1000ml.
Technovit® 2000 LC is a light curing, one component, highly transparent embedding resin based on methacrylate. The curing takes place by the application of blue light. Technovit® 2000 LC is a very tight-fitting embedding agent and has been specifically developed for testing and preparing sensitive materials and micro-components. Technovit®2000 LC is mainly used for semiconductor technology, microelectronics, medical technology, optoelectronics and microsystems technology. It is also suitable for embedding materials that are very temperature-sensitive.
Technovit® 2000 LC is polymerised in special PE embedding moulds in the Technotray CU unit. The maximum temperature amounts to 90 °C. The polymerisation temperature can be significantly reduced (up to approx. 50 °C) by working with several layers or by using a special radiation programm. The specimen can be mechanically processed after the material has cured. The material attains full hardness after having cooled down to room temperature. Technovit® 2000 LC can be combined with all other Technovit polymers and resins (e.g. for blocking and the like).
- no loss of material because it is a one-component material
- can be applied over an indefinite period because polymerisation only starts when blue light is employed
- low polymerisation temperature of approx. 90° C. Can also be polymerised at approx. 50° C by using the appropriate radiation program
- does not form bubbles
- suitable for use in SEM’s
- does not develop odours
- alcohol and acid resistant
- cures under blue light
- no hazardous UV light required
- depending on the radiation time a light clouding is possible